Reports to Chief Executive
Working hours 4 Days per week
The Equal Access Project is a 2 year project co-funded by DG_JUST under the Rights Equality and Citizenship Programme. The Project, which commences on 1 February 2021, seeks to build the capacity of advocates to represent claimants on the Race, Ethnicity and Traveller Community Grounds on Employment Equality Acts and Equal Status Acts before the Workplace Relations Commission. It also seeks to test whether the Race Directive as implemented into Irish law is an effective remedy. The Project is being co-ordinated by FLAC working with Project Partner INAR.
Key areas of responsibility
The Purpose of the role is to manage this EU funded programme and to report on the project as required in the grant agreement. The Project Coordinator will lead the development, implementation, delivery and communication of the project in accordance with the Project proposal and grant agreement.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Implement the Project Work Packages as set out in the grant agreement
- Convene meetings of the Project Management Team and Advisory Committee.
- Oversee work of Skills Development Co-ordinator and Independent Researcher.
- Work closely with our Project partner INAR and provide support and ongoing assistance to our key stakeholders.
- Monitor the overall progress of and ensure delivery of milestones and deliverables.
- Contribute to and oversee the design and delivery of the Training Programme and overseeing the development of an e-learning platform for the training.
- Develop programme materials for the project.
- Work at strategic level to identify and develop mainstreaming and sustainability strategies for the Project
- Update the FLAC website on the Project’s activities and work with the Communications Officer to promote Project activities on social media.
- Organise Project Events including Information Day, Round Tables, Training Programme and Launch of Research Report.
- Prepare interim and final reports.
- Ensure the timely submission of financial reports.
- Comply with FLAC’s Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Any other duties as may be required from time to time in connection with this position
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
The successful candidate will have:
- A Degree in Law/Human Rights/Equality Studies/Social Justice or equivalent
- A Certificate in Project Management or Equivalent.
- Experience of establishing effective working relationships with numerous stakeholders ;
- Significant project management experience;
- Experience with the management of EU funded projects;
- Relevant education and work experience in the area of Employment Law/Equality Law;
- Excellent communications and report writing skills;
- Experience of delivering training in a Further Education context (desirable)
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Proven problem solving skills
- Capacity to manage stress
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent IT skills with competency in competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
Terms and Conditions
This position is offered on a fixed-term contract for 2 years from 1 February 2021.
This Job Description may be adjusted to accommodate requirements of the EU_JUST Rights Equality and Citizenship Programme and FLAC.
Salary is commensurate with experience and reflects the responsibilities of the role.
Hours of Work
The hours of work for this role will be c. 28 hours or four day week. Hours will be flexible but are envisaged to be 9.30am – 5.30pm Monday to Thursday.
Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com , setting out how you meet the criteria for this position by close of business on Friday 8 January 2021.
Interviews will take place on 15 January 2021.