ActionAid Ireland: Communications, Digital & Campaigns Co-ordinator (Maternity Cover) – closing date 31 July 2019
The purpose of this role is to support ActionAid Ireland to achieve its remit as set out in ‘Realising Rights for Women and Children 2017-2021’, and the three goals (a) Realise rights for women and children (b) mobilise resources (c) be transparent and accountable.
This is a fixed term contract for maternity cover, starting in September 2019 to enable a comprehensive handover. To fulfill this position you will require the following:
Skills and attributes:
- A versatile writer with the ability to convey complex information in a user-friendly way
- Good media contacts and ability to identify newsworthy stories
- Strong project management skills and ability to work on own initiative, exceptionally organised with good time management skills
- Strong ability to work effectively as a team member and to collaborate across the organisation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop effective working relationships with colleagues in other markets and other organisations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong social media and digital skills
- Capacity to keep abreast of the changing political and sectoral environment
- Capacity to access, analyse and make appropriate use of relevant research
- Willingness to travel in Ireland and abroad if required
- Commitment to ending poverty, social justice, and equality
- Competence with MailChimp and Survey Monkey (or similar platforms)
- Experience with CMS systems, ideally WordPress.
- Outlook and Microsoft Packages – advanced level (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experienced user of Google Adwords and Analytics
- Knowledge of design software and graphic design an advantage
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in a Communications and/or a Marketing-related discipline.
- A minimum of three years’ experience working in a communications, media or digital role
- Experienced and regular user of IT communication tools.
- A good understanding, interest in and experience of development issues and current affairs.
Click here for the full job description.
Applicants should complete the attached Application Form and send to email@example.com by 13.00 on Tuesday 16th July 2019
Salary negotiable, dependent on experience.
If you have questions in advance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held in Dublin on Wednesday 31st July.