Galway Rape Crisis Centre Seeks Clinical Director
Galway Rape Crisis Centre (GRCC) is recruiting a Clinical Director with the responsibility to deliver an efficient and effective client therapy service within the GRCC. The successful candidate will oversee and supervise a team of 22 therapists.
The post holder will require a relevant psychotherapy professional qualification (psychotherapy & clinical supervision), together with accreditation of a relevant professional institution – the PSI, IACP, or ICP along with professional experience within a service specialising in trauma and/or sexual violence.
Reporting to: Executive Director
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ongoing development and implementation of new clinical management systems and policies and ongoing development of best practice models in relation to overall clinical service in close co-operation with the Executive Director.
- Close management of wait lists & providing clinical management and support to our FRONTLINE team.
- Monitoring of client safety in relation to suicide and self-harm and child protection issues and submission of child protection reports.
- Facilitating individual Counselling Case Management Meetings.
- Facilitation of group case management and peer supervision meetings.
- Working closely with the Administration team in the ongoing development of data systems.
- Liaison with external agencies including Social Workers and the Garda as required.
- Oversee volunteer training and to co-ordinate CPD trainings for staff and volunteers.
Post Specific Requirements
- To be an accredited counsellor/psychotherapist with a relevant accrediting body.
- To hold a qualification in therapeutic supervision from a relevant accrediting body.
- To have management experience within a similar service and an awareness of the impact of trauma on the organization.
- To have demonstratable experience and understanding of the impact of sexual violence and of the support needs of individual survivors.
- To have excellent interpersonal, communication skills and organizational skills.
- To have excellent team management skills and the ability to generate effective working relationships with counselling staff and volunteer counsellors.
- To work within the ethos and core values of GRCC
Terms of Employment
This is a full-time post (37.5 hours) with occasional evening work required.
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
For informal inquiries please contact Theresa Merrigan, Clinical Director Theresa@grcc.ie To apply please send in your CV along with a covering letter by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 11th of February 2022