The Irish Traveller Movement is recruiting a National Membership & Policy Officer
The Irish Traveller Movement (ITM) was founded in 1990 and is a national membership organisation representing Travellers and Traveller organisations across Ireland.
The National Membership Policy Officer will:
- Coordinate ITM’s national membership and working groups underpinned by our core values and community development principles.
- Support Traveller leaders to voice and progress ITM’s policy and advocacy work on issues at a local, regional and national level.
- Develop and write national policy submissions and articulate our policy position at national fora to advance Travellers’ rights.
- Maintain and develop positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders to build support for ITM’s national work.
- Represent ITM and its members on national committees, networks, and advisory groups
- Update and develop tools to enhance and engage the membership and promote campaigns and messages.
The key activities for this post are to:
- Build and maintain relationships with ITM members and support their participation in ITM spaces.
- Help identify national policy and campaign priorities of the ITM membership to inform ITM’s work in this area.
- Embed the Irish Traveller Movement Community Charter in the work of ITM members.
- Support and lead-out on national membership spaces and events, ITM Annual Conference and AGM.
- Support the Irish Traveller Movement’s communications.
- Build relationships with a range of allies to support Traveller Rights.
- Carry out other reasonable functions as requested by the Director of ITM.
Please return CV with a cover letter that highlights your relevant skills and outlines your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to The Irish Traveller Movement, 4-5 Eustace Street, Dublin 2. Any queries contact Zoë O’Reilly, Office Manager on 01-6796577.