FLAC: Locum Solicitor - deadline 22 March 2023
FLAC is seeking to recruit a locum solicitor to support the work of its independent law centre.
- Manage Litigation files in a variety of forums; mainly Workplace Relations Commission and High Court.
- Report to managing solicitor on progress of files as required;
- Liaise with clients to keep them updated on the progress of their cases;
- Provide legal advice as required in the areas of Housing law, Social Welfare and Equality.
- Hold appropriate professional legal qualification.
- Have at least 3 years post qualification experience in litigation.
- Compliance with Law Society regulations regarding professional conduct.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to work flexibly with clients.
- Proven organisational skills with good attention to detail.
- Good IT skills, proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to meet targets and work to deadlines.
- Strong ability to work effectively and collaboratively as a member of a team.
- High level of personal responsibility and integrity.
- Experience in housing law/ administrative law generally/ equality or human rights law/public interest law.
- Demonstrated interest in the principle of access to justice and social justice.
- Experience of using and maintaining a case management database.
- This locum position is for a period of 3-6 months
- The hours are full-time
- The position will be based at the FLAC office at 85/86 Dorset Street Upper, Dublin 1.
- The salary range is dependent on skills and experience
Please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com stating what interests you about working with FLAC and how you meet the requirements for this position.
Closing Date for Applications: 22 March 2023
FLAC is an equal opportunities employer.