Matheson LLP: Diversity and Inclusion Intern – deadline rolling
This is a six month internship in the Matheson LLP Human Resources department supporting the Impactful Business Programme (IBP) Manager in the development, design, planning and execution of all IBP initiatives, events and projects, with a particular focus on the Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) pillar of the firm’s IBP.
About the role
In this role you will:
- Support the planning and initiation of the annual IBP activities, events, initiatives and projects;
- Act as point of contact for all internal enquiries;
- Organise and prepare material for monthly IBP Steering Committee and IBP Committee meetings and keep a record of notes, updates and actions;
- Assist in organising internal and external events, for example the annual Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Conference and the Transition Year Programme;
- Provide administrative support in coordinating and delivering the Transition Year Programme;
- Identify opportunities for increased involvement and visibility of the IBP;
- Coordinate events and visits to the office for external stakeholders promoting diversity;
- Assist with budget tracking, including processing invoices and invoice reconciliation;
- Partner with Learning and Development to create a D&I learning map; and
- Assist in preparing the annual IBP Report, award submissions and IBP marketing resources.
About the person
- You are a graduate, with excellent interpersonal skills, who is interested in building a career in diversity, equality and inclusion;
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail;
- You value diversity and are interested in working with people from a variety of backgrounds;
- You are proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- You are discreet and have the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- You are resourceful with strong analytical and problem-solving skills; and
- You are self-motivated, with the ability to work independently.
The Impactful Business Programme
The programme launched in 2021 bringing together Matheson’s D&I; Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR); Environmental Sustainability; and Arts activities into one dedicated programme to deliver meaningful, sustainable and measurable change across the firms’s community of colleagues, clients and society. Matheson’s Pro Bono Programme and Employee Wellbeing Programme both underpin the IBP.
In 2019, Matheson LLP ("Matheson") became the first organisation in Ireland, and the only Irish law firm, to receive the Investors in Diversity Gold Standard Award from the Irish Centre for Diversity in recognition of the firm’s development and implementation of people-focused D&I initiatives. In March 2022, the firm retained the Gold Standard Award, becoming the first organisation to do so.
The firm’s IBP activities are driven by dedicated committees of volunteers from across the firm. Today, one in eight Matheson colleagues are actively involved in delivering on its IBP.
Link here to further information on the role